Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Modern Quilt



 I've been bitten by the "Modern Quilt" bug and wanted to try my  hand at it.  I've seen many quilts using gray backgrounds and bold graphics in bright colors on Pinterest and in quilt shops and magazines recently.  Elizabeth Hartman's Avalon quilt caught my eye while on Pinterest and I thought it was a good design to work with.  This is my version.  I added borders to make it a bed-size quilt.

This is a close-up of the circular quilting done by Lorena's Longarm Quilting in Burlington, Mass.  I love how it contrasts with the angles of the rectangles and strips.  Although the picture is a bit washed out, it looks great on a bed.




6 comments:

  1. Love it...and so looking forward to sleeping under it sometime ( hopefully in the not too distant future! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you want to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the spirals, I did mine by machine quilting on my Bernina, fun to do, and gives the quilt a modern feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, the circular quilting looks great. I really wanted to try my hand at "modern quilting".

      Delete
  4. I love how this quilt looks. I am curious how you came up and "plotted" the circular quilting pattern. I want to attempt that effect myself, and have no idea where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just noticed your comment. I saw the circular quilting on a pinterest posted quilt and took the picture to a machine quilter. She has a computerized machine and did the quilting for me.

    ReplyDelete