I received the new issue of Quilter's Newsletter recently and read an article about "Finding Your Voice" artistically. It inspired me to create something in my favorite colors - purple and green. I used several green batiks and by fusing, I created my background. I made a drawing of a coneflower using a picture as a model and then used freezer paper patterns to cut out the petals from a variety of purple batiks. One coneflower wasn't enough so I reconfigured the flower and created a second with a slightly different orientation. Stems, leaves and a few loose petals were added for balance and it was all fused in place. The purple strips were added to "frame" the flowers. I think the lower strips are just a bit too close to the lower flower but overall, I'm happy with this quick creation. I hope to sing again very soon.